Application Development Scientist
Spear Bio is a young, well-funded and rapidly growing start-up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. We are focused on bringing to market a novel ultrasensitive immunoassay platform with the ability to analyze very small sample volumes. The commercial focus of the company is on supporting life sciences, clinical, and academic research. Our platform offers best-in-class sensitivity, lab-to-lab consistency, and flexibility.
Application Development Scientist
The Application Development Scientist will be responsible for translating Spear Bio’s technology platform and applying it to customers and strategic partner applications. The role will have dual responsibilities being a member of the R&D team reporting to the Head of Application Development but also directly supporting the commercial team’s activities as directed by the Sr. Director of Business Development. As such, The Application Development Scientist will be expected to participate in product and work-flow development activities while also be expected to develop relationships with key customers and KOLs support their use of Spear Bio’s products and technology. The Application Development Scientist will be expected to be an expert on the product and how customers apply it.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex experiments across product areas
- Contributes ideas for new product development with a customer mind-set
- Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures or innovates to develop new protocols for existing or new technologies.
- Develop platform protocols and translate them to commercial documents
- Own external technical documentation including IFUs, product data sheets, and application note production and editing process.
- Support and enable the sales process and strategic partnering process by presenting to customers and strategic partners and educating them on our technology and platform.
- Own customer success in setting up assay workflow and providing scientific and technical support
- Work with external partners, customers, and KOLs to develop new data & application notes, as well as new workflows and assay solutions for customers.
- Understand customer pain points and relay VOC back to the Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Be a thought leader in the field, maintaining current knowledge on competitors and key applications and represent Spear Bio at conferences, tradeshows, and academic lectures
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology with extensive immunoassay experience
- 3-5 years’ academic or industry experience on assay or molecular biology technology development, field applications and/or diagnostics lab test management.
- In-depth knowledge in immunology, oncology or neurology is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to details
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal (verbal), writing, and via presentations
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in teams
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
We offer a competitive compensation, with meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, and a great work environment. This is an opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company at an early stage. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading company.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.