Business Development Manager
Spear Bio is a young, well-funded and rapidly growing start-up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. We are focused on bringing to market a novel ultrasensitive immunoassay platform with the ability to analyze very small sample volumes. The commercial focus of the company is on supporting life sciences, clinical, and academic research. Our platform offers best-in-class sensitivity, lab-to-lab consistency, and flexibility.
Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing a sales funnel for Spear Bio’s first product- NAB-Sure™. The Business Development Manager will drive demand, generate leads, convert them into opportunities, and close sales with customers. The person in this role will drive sales, support existing customers, and build recurring revenue into the future. The Business Development Manager will be expected to develop relationships with key customers and KOLs, understand and discuss their needs, and relay them with Spear Bio internal teams. Market focus will be academic and clinical research as well as pharmaceutical and vaccine development.
- Develop target account lists in key target markets and reach out to generate leads
- Convert leads into opportunities by understanding customer needs and readiness to purchase
- Close sales and work with application team to ensure successful adoption
- Manage customer accounts and understand their project needs for assays
- Supports development of external collateral and marketing strategies
- Develop own sales plan and forecast on a quarterly basis
- Work closely with external partners and KOLs on relevant strategic engagements and projects
- Represent Spear Bio in the field at relevant conferences, tradeshows, and academic presentations
- Analyzes bioanalytical research industry dynamics, competitive landscape and identify opportunities for business expansion
- BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related. Relevant MS/PhD a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience sales, business development, or application support in academic, pharma, and/or clinical research accounts
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Autonomous, able to make sound business decisions consistently
- Strong work ethics, with self-starter mindset
We offer a competitive compensation, with meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, and a great work environment. This is an opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company at an early stage. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading company.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.