Field Application Scientist
Spear Bio is a young, well-funded start up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. At Spear Bio Inc., we are passionate about empowering patients, testing labs, and clinicians to expand wellness testing and clinical diagnostics. Wellness self-testing and telemedicine-based diagnostics are quickly growing trends. Both increasingly rely on the ability to quantify miniscule amounts of protein biomarkers from at-home collected samples. Platform technologies that enable ultrasensitive detection from small sample volumes and fit into existing workflows for sample collection, processing, and detection, are needed to enable these highly-valued trends.
Our team is growing quickly as we develop new products and workflows to enable greater access to ultrasensitive protein diagnostics.
Field Application Scientist
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Development, the Field Application Scientist is responsible for the success of Spear’s customers by supporting their training, providing technical support, and generating application / work-flow data and protocols to help customers see the value in the product. This role is a commercial and outward facing role and will participate in driving sales and supporting existing customers. The Field Application Scientist will be expected to develop relationships with key customers and KOLs and generate data and application notes that can be used in the sales process. The Field Application Scientist will be expected to be an expert on the product and how customers are applying said product.
- Own customer success in setting up assay and troubleshooting issues
- Drive sales process by demo’ing the product to customers and educating them on work-flow requirements
- Work with external partners, customers, and KOLs to develop new data / application notes and new work-flows and assay solutions for customers.
- Understand customer key pain points and relay information / VOC back to the Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Work closely with external partners and KOLs on strategic engagements and projects.
- Be a thought leader in the field and represent Spear Bio at conferences, trade-shows, and academic lectures.
- MS/PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology.
- 5 years progressive IVD / Diagnostics experience, assay/molecular biology application development / field applications experience.
- Commercial experience with ability to travel (up to 40%)
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with entrepreneurial initiative and good business judgment
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company on the ground floor. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading enterprise.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.