Field Application Scientist
Spear Bio is a young, well-funded and rapidly growing start-up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. We are focused on bringing to market a novel ultrasensitive immunoassay platform with the ability to analyze very small sample volumes. The commercial focus of the company is on supporting life sciences, clinical, and academic research. Our platform offers best-in-class sensitivity, lab-to-lab consistency, and flexibility.
Field Application Scientist
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Development, the Field Application Scientist will be responsible for the success of Spear’s customers by supporting their training, providing technical support, and generating application / work-flow data and protocols to help customers see the value in the product. This role is a commercial and outward facing role and will participate in driving sales and supporting existing customers. The Field Application Scientist will be expected to develop relationships with key customers and KOLs and generate data and application notes that can be used in the sales process. The Field Application Scientist will be expected to be an expert on the product and how customers are applying said product.
- Support and enable the sales process by presenting to target accounts, evaluating opportunities, and driving them to close
- Demonstrate the product to customers and educate them on workflow requirements.
- Own customer success in setting up assay workflow and troubleshooting issues
- Work with external partners, customers, and KOLs to develop new data & application notes, as well as new workflows and assay solutions for customers.
- Understand customer pain points and relay VOC back to the Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Own external technical documentation including IFUs, product data sheets, and application note production and editing process.
- Work closely with external partners and KOLs on strategic engagements and projects.
- Be a thought leader in the field and represent Spear Bio at conferences, tradeshows, and academic lectures.
- MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, relevant PhD a plus
- 5 years’ experience assay or molecular biology application development, field applications and/or diagnostics lab assay management.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Autonomous, able to make sound business decisions consistently
- Strong work ethics, with self-starter mindset
We offer a competitive compensation, with meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, and a great work environment. This is an opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company at an early stage. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading company.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.