Manager/Sr. Manager Commercial Operations
Spear Bio is a young, well-funded start up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. At Spear Bio Inc., we are passionate about empowering patients, testing labs, and clinicians to expand wellness testing and clinical diagnostics. Wellness self-testing and telemedicine-based diagnostics are quickly growing trends. Both increasingly rely on the ability to quantify miniscule amounts of protein biomarkers from at-home collected samples. Platform technologies that enable ultrasensitive detection from small sample volumes and fit into existing workflows for sample collection, processing, and detection, are needed to enable these highly-valued trends.
Our team is growing quickly as we develop new products and workflows to enable greater access to ultrasensitive protein diagnostics.
Sr. Manager, Commercial Operations, Spear Bio
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Commercial Strategy and Business Development, the Sr. Manager, Commercial Operations is responsible for managing Spear Bio’s portfolio of commercial operations projects. These projects range from product line introductions, supply chain process implementations, Product Development Process Initiation, Quality System/Process Creation, and Implementation. Simply put, the Sr. Manager, Commercial Operations will be the point person responsible for critical projects associated with organization building and commercial operations initiation.
- Lead introductions to processes, process improvements, and operational efficiency projects.
- Work with R&D, Manufacturing Partners, Suppliers, and Commercial team on new product introductions and operations.
- Own Quality process using key tools to increase efficiency and drive compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Owns supply chain strategy and project management including relationships with key contract suppliers and manufacturers.
- Train teams and individuals on processes and drive weekly project management meetings leveraging project planning tools.
- Work closely with company leadership on organizational strategy and planning.
- Resolve complex issues and competing priorities and create mitigation plans in order to drive to resolution.
- Prepare and present strategy and operations presentations to Board.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred
- Training / Certification in lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other business continuous improvement programs. Green, Black belt or equivalent certification highly desirable.
- A minimum 5 years of project management experience in regulated industry
- Proven experience as a “Champion for Quality”
- Experience working with and managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Self-motivated and ability to perform complex tasks in an effective manner
- Ability to follow instruction, learn, and grow in a mentorship setting
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Desire to learn about and implement new technologies
- Ability to travel within United States
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company on the ground floor. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading enterprise.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.