Spear Bio is a young, well-funded start up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. At Spear Bio Inc., we are passionate about empowering patients, testing labs, and clinicians to expand wellness testing and clinical diagnostics. Wellness self-testing and telemedicine-based diagnostics are quickly growing trends. Both increasingly rely on the ability to quantify miniscule amounts of protein biomarkers from at-home collected samples. Platform technologies that enable ultrasensitive detection from small sample volumes and fit into existing workflows for sample collection, processing, and detection, are needed to enable these highly-valued trends.
Our team is growing quickly as we develop new products and workflows to enable greater access to ultrasensitive protein diagnostics.
The Office Manager is a multi-tasker who can work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support the Company. The Office Manager is expected to communicate well with all contacts, anticipate, and resolve issues, and update your team members regarding various projects. Responsibilities will include all administrative tasks related to Office Admin and Human Resources.
You will provide consistent, high-level general administrative and project support to the CEO and other members of the Senior Leadership Team. You will be responsible for acting as a professional liaison with internal executives and leaders and high-level external contacts including the Board of Directors.
Provide general office support to the Founder and other Managers in the office.
- Assists with maintaining a smooth running, comfortable, pleasant, and safe work environment. Monitors office supplies including kitchen supplies, stationary supplies, and small office equipment and furniture. Orders as needed.
- Answers the company phone and forwards messages as needed.
- Assists COO/Building Manager with scheduling and coordination of maintenance activities.
- Primary contact with our external vendors; handles communication and requests as needed.
- Monitors costs of office supplies, equipment, and supplier contracts. Looks for cost effective solutions
- Makes company travel arrangements. Handles requests regarding travel, dinner reservations, or entertainment for the Executive team. Arranges travel and associated plans for employees traveling to vendor sites or company meetings and training.
- Arranges catering for internal events and onsite business meetings.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive team as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests. Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- The ideal candidate will have a college degree and/or a minimum of three plus years administration experience, in a fast-paced environment. Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Hold a High School Diploma.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the ability to use computers for email, word processing, data management.
- Meet such alternatives to the above qualifications as the CEO/CTO may find appropriate and acceptable.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company on the ground floor. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading enterprise.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.