Spear Bio is a young, well-funded and rapidly growing start-up company based in Woburn, Massachusetts. We are focused on bringing to market a novel ultrasensitive immunoassay platform able of work with very small sample volumes. The commercial focus of the company is on supporting life sciences, clinical, and academic research. Our platform offers best-in-class sensitivity, lab-to-lab consistency, and flexibility.
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist-level candidate with a track record of research excellence and diagnostic product development experience to join our R&D team. Expertise and knowledge of recent scientific and technological advances in molecular diagnostics and immunodiagnostics are required. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who leads from the bench and enjoys having broad responsibilities and opportunities. Activities may be focused on individual projects or assignments as a senior technical member of a project team, which may include project leadership duties.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Contributes ideas for new product development
- Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures, or innovates to develop new protocols for existing or new technologies.
- Reports on the status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and presentations that summarize experiment results.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives, and recommends possible courses of action.
- Maintains current knowledge of the diagnostics industry, including technological developments that may assist in delivering new processes, improved products, or entirely new products
- Prepares reports for submission to regulatory agencies such as the FDA.
- Prepares and/or contributes to articles for publication. Communicates and presents scientific/technical results at internal and external meetings.
- Supervises and serves as a mentor to technical staff
- Works closely with other teams to collaboratively resolve issues
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related field
- Extensive experience in PCR-based nucleic acid detection techniques (e.g., qRT-PCR, digital PCR).
- Experience with protein labeling and/or conjugation biochemistry is a plus.
- Experience in working with digital immunoassays platforms is a plus.
- Experience in diagnostic development for protein markers is a plus.
- Experience in automated liquid handling is a plus.
- Prior experience in working with various human biofluids is a plus.
- Experience in developing, implementing and supporting clinical assays in a regulated environment (such as with FDA-QSR, CLIA, ISO regulations) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the diagnostic industry is required; some knowledge of liquid biopsies is a plus.
- For the senior scientist level, 3+ years of professional experience with molecular biology techniques in an industry setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to details
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal (verbal), writing, and via presentations
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in teams
- Ability to travel within United States
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, strong benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company on the ground floor. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of- and the effort involved in- building an industry-leading enterprise.
Spear Bio Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability. We encourage women and minorities to apply for this position.